Saturday 29 October 2011

Ups and Downs of Exciting Events.

So it's Halloween this weekend and I thought I'd tell you my experience with events like this.

We're getting ready to celebrate Halloween. My cousin and aunty are coming out! BUT.....

The decorations aren't finished. The food hasn't been made. I feel like I can't hear with all these thoughts going through my head. It's like trying to see through a whole herd of bumble bees. And even though there are only a few decorations to put up and one tray of muffins to make, to me it seems like a lot to do.

I feel like when I finally finish one thing, I need to do another thing. Even if there's nothing else to do, I'll make up something new that needs to be done.

I feel my energy go up and down all day long. And I get so worked up that I feel like post-Christmas blues, before we've even started to celebrate.

While I'm putting the decorations up I'm trying to remember all the things I want to tell my cousin when she gets here, because I know from a lot of her past visits that many of my thoughts will fly out the window like disturbed bats, by the time she gets here. And no, writing a list doesn't help because you have to remember to write on that list. It's like you have to make a thousand other lists just to remember that one list.

Anyway, I finish putting up the decorations, when I hear my aunty's car coming up the driveway. All of a sudden my heart skips a beat. Thoughts rush through my head like those crazy dogs that chase their own tails (no offense to anyone who has one of those, I'm sure they're just fine.) Then I run out to greet my aunt and cousin.

Once I get to their car, as usual, most of the things I wanted to say are lost somewhere in the wilderness, which is frustrating because I feel like I can't enjoy them being here without saying what I wanted to say. Well, actually, I will enjoy them being here because it's nice to see them, but for those first few seconds I feel like all is lost and I am doomed.

The creepy part of Halloween is very disturbing to me and I'm not going to talk about that now, because then I'll start thinking about it, and I don't want that.

I love celebrating and love seeing my relatives and friends. Even with some hurdles, I still have a good time in the end.

So, Happy Halloween peoples!


No comments:

Post a Comment